Monday, October 15, 2007

Our Newest Housemate


I had a hard time getting sleep lately especially last night, or should I say, this morning, being able to sleep at around 6 am. After waking up at around eight (getting only two hours of sleep), the day started really sluggish, that I only ended up just sweeping the floor then deciding to taking a bath afterward, hoping that I can get the spell of drowsiness off.

Even as the cold water from the shower ran over me, my mind kept going back to me lying on the bed, with my eyes wanting to shut. As I started lathering soap, I heard my mom talking to someone outside. I turned off the shower and tried to make out the conversation, realizing that it wasn't one of the neighbors my mom was talking to.

The only thing I could make out was "hindi namin sya binebenta" (we are not selling it). With that, my drowsiness, and the music from the living room, the rest of the conversation became more confusing. What is it that they were not selling? Usually people would knock on gates to sell or beg. This one sounded new and weird.

Finally getting out of the bathroom, feeling fresh which made me more sleepy (so much with the uplifting the spell...hehehe), I walked in the living room where my mom was watching television. As I sat on the couch my mom turned to me and asked "Have you seen her?" My mom was beaming at me that I looked at the television thinking that maybe she's referring to someone she just saw. A game show was on the television and at that time the host was interviewing one of the contestants who happens to be a girl. I was about to ask my mom if she was pertaining to the girl on the TV when she said "They were not selling her. They were just asking something in exchanged."

It was at that moment that I saw what she was referring to. There, standing on the my desk with the laptop and the printer, was a beautiful image of Mama Mary. She was all white (very clean in fact), slinging on her arm was a golden rosary. Her eyes were staring at my direction.

As I looked more closely, it's as if the The Virgin Mary, with her rosy cheeks and lips and long lashes, was smiling at me saying hi. I was completely at awe with her beauty. She looks wonderful--fresh and graceful. It was if it was a real life miniature Virgin Mary.

My mother had exchanged her for an earring without a pair. She was being given a Santo Nino but as she saw the virgin she chose her instead-after all we already have a Santo Nino.



Earlier this night, we prayed the rosary with the virgin. My mom placed her at the living room table where she stood with a small version of our Lady of the Miraculous medal. After praying and after placing her back at the desk, we noticed her glowing more beautiful, her cheeks were more rosy and her smile seem to widen.

Presently, as I write this blog, the Mama Mary stands in front of me--her as my guide in writing.....and as the PBB (Pinoy Big Brother) is on the roll again as the new celebrity housemates are introduced this week.... I'm happy of our new housemate....

No comments: