Sunday, November 4, 2007

Taking Blogging Seriously


Writing is my first love....

I honestly believe that being a writer runs in my family. It is a passion passed on from one generation to the next. A passion, whether influenced or not, comes out with every stroke of a pen, or clicking of the keys of the keyboard.... This is one hobby I can't get off my system since I was young....and I don't care whether it is related to my specialization I got in college or not.

Since I was young, I have enjoyed writing starting from the poems where is tells strories of some unlucky guy or a triumphant feeling I have. Thanks to my Ate Ophie, who's a writer as well, for showing me this addicting and fun craft, which my mom claims as something that not all are able to do.

Everytime Ate Ophie's work gets published on a magazine seems like a trophy for me that I wish, one day, I will have as well. She was a freelance writer and reading her works made me thought of making something worth posting one day.....High School gave me that chance alright.....then college.....

It's been more than a year since I graduated from college. With me just staying around the house, as I wait for a reply regarding my applications, I make use of valuable time by reading, and of course writing. And finally getting connection to the internet, I found a way to get my works published--if they do get published....

It was going to be a long wait, that I knew, as I passed manuscripts to certain publications (magazines and tabloids), yet, as I started joining an online community, I found a way to design plan b.

Plan B may also be a long wait as well before I see my efforts materialize, with regards to earning that is. Still, I went for it knowing that at least I see my work published for everyone to read. This is blogging....

I started first with friendster. Not only did I get in touch with friends and relatives, I also got to enjoy blogging for the first time. Knowing that it will just be read by friends (and if lucky by friends' friends), I started craving for more. Something that I, myself, can take in more seriously--thus I joined blogger....

As I presently write this newest post on my blogger blog, I hope, just like back in school paper days, I may able to entertain and inform readers from every age as I continue to practice my passion.....And hope that it might help me earn as well.....

Oh...in addiction--I mean addition--I joined Myspace,where like friendster, I also have a blog....

Happy surfing--and reading--and blogging......

No comments: