Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Warning! Typhoon Mina coming this way!!!!

It's already been a year since Typhoons Millenio and Reming caused such a devastation in the Bicol Region (especially in Albay where many died due to a grave mud flooding). Now Mila, another typhoon, who threatens to get even stronger (on its way to becoming a super typhoon), is coming the Bicol Region's way--threatening another devious incident in the said area.
I spent almost eight years in Sorsogon, after my family decided to be based there, where I also finished my college. After graduating year 2006, I came back here in Manila with my mom while my dad and my siblings are still there in Sorsogon, since they are still in school (two of them already in college while the youngest is in high school). When the tragedy in Albay came blasting it's way on television and on the papers, I felt as if I'm part of those who were devastated.
It's is no joke when I say that as I was staying in Sorsogon I felt the impact of poverty more than I was here in Manila. Life there is more simpler than I was expecting. Looking on the brighter side, and thankfully I've seen this, those who have families who can-afford are not jerks that loiter and make the people around them feel more deprived. But looking at the situation in terms of poverty, I can't help but feel shattered with the present situation the region is facing.
Typhoons has been a number one problem in the region that there are some who are not that alarmed with the said nature's wrath. Then came Reming which really made quite a trauma to everyone.....
Here comes yet another typhoon. I fear for the people and pray that Mila (typhoon) won't become a super typhoon, further more, that it will not hit Bicol. People there have finally set life in good condition, after their agonizing situation. May the tragic incident from last year not come about this year...and I hope that all my loved ones, especially my dad and my siblings, be safe.....
May God send his angels to watch over them....
____________________________________________________________
Related Articles:

No comments: