Thursday, December 27, 2007

Extending the Yultide Cheers....

Finally! I got my hands on the computer--not to mention the net.

Christmas came and Christmas still remains, even after the 25th of December. And I must admit, so far it's been great. As a young adult, I now see the deeper meaning of Christmas behind the gifts and carols. It's been one heck of a week before Christmas, attending Misa de Gallo which afterwards went with me packing up goodies to give away to kids at Christmas morning. Then there's also my family whole this Christmas after school came to vacation and my siblings with my dad coming here (and as yours truly writes this, shares the room with sister-dearest).

Christmas came this year with a fulfilled heart. Misa de Gallo ended well, with my family coming to mass with me (except for my youngest brother who had to stay home to watch over my grandmother) and with me finally taking communion, which I must admit was a bit emotional experience (as I knelt down to thank the Lord for the opportunity to take him once again). Christmas was celebrated with Ham and spaghetti and salad--and a Korean flick (which I surprisingly enjoyed....)

Thus Christmas came with our belly's full and everyone tired. We may have slept earlier than most people did yet that was because we have to prepare for another Christmas celebration. Morning came busy for us. We all woke up early with the sounds of kids knocking on our doors for Christmas treats. As my sister goes distributing the goodies I packed (which I think I need to increase by next year), the rest of us went cleaning and cooking for Luncheon. Though still sleepy and tired from cleaning up, I found myself in a good mood (though a bit annoyed with some teenagers competing with kids for treats (OMG!).

The day went by nicely with family and friends gathering for lunch, and cards dealt later on at the veranda for a game. After the card game, I found myself in front of the television watching Harry Potter, that we have to stop soon to go to the neighbors house for yet another session of eating (ha! another inch added on my waistline).

So merry making went on 'till evening as we yet pushed our stomach's limit with a family friend dining with us for a night snack as we watched Marimar and later on continuing Harry Potter.

This may not be the usual Christmas many of us may have wished for and though 'till now I still feel as if we're celebrating, this is actually the first time I celebrated Christmas at an adults view point, behind the glitter of lights and decor.

My family's together...There's nothing more I could wish for...

Christ was born on the manger--in all simplicity and glory, a family created with his presence. He came to bring us salvation thus we have a lot to thank.....

And let me begin my thanks to God for giving me a wider view of what being blessed is all about--especially this Christmas....

No comments: