Monday, December 17, 2007

Trinkets of Happiness

It's been a week since I saw a one of Mel and Joey's (a weekend show in GMA7) about a tinapa vendor who always makes it a point to shower kids in their place, candies, as a way of showing her thanksgiving to the Lord, for all the blessings she and her family received. And inspired as I am by her actions, I'll be doing the same.
Call me not original but the fact of sharing is enough to say at least I did something unselfish, especially this season of giving.
Earlier this afternoon, my mom and dad went to the grocery to pick up something for the fridge (hahaha--it's almost empty), and remembering what I wanted to do, my mom did extra shopping by adding to her list the goodies I planned to give. Promise, these are not candies with formalin....hahaha.
I plan to give this goodies to the carolers. Instead of giving coins to them for their banging and clinking of their instrument as they sing those Christmas carols (including a Christmas station ID of one of the television network), I'll be giving these little trinkets to them, hoping they will like it, and not fight over it (unlike past Christmas where kids are fighting over their share of carol earnings).
Tomorrow will be a busy day. And tonight, as I end my venture in cyberspace, I leave you with a note:
If in the past you've felt down with the way your life has been, try to look in front of you. For the tiniest smile that appears on your face is already a promise of a great day for the rest of the universe......
Be thankful for your blessing....

No comments: