Friday, December 7, 2007

God is Everywhere

I woke up late this morning and I could have woken up more late if my uncle hadn't come for a visit. being a late sleeper may have caused me to, but unlike previous nights, I slept rather earlier and have no reason to why I had woken up late--except for a dream....
I have dreams lately that seems to be telling me something--but usually I always end up thinking that it was but a product of my imagination. But last nights dream got me more curious as I nearly woke up wanting to cry.
My dream was set in a building. I was with my god sister who was taking a shower, as I waited for her for my turn. The minute she called for me, saying some trouble, I changed my clothes and later found her fully clothed and done. We went outside the room, and headed for a nearby comfort room since she was in need to use a toilet.
As I wait for her to come out, a good friend of mine came. In want to change my clothes, I asked my friend to go with me to the locker room. But instead of heading to the locker room, I seemed to have gotten lost as she led me to the lower area of the building where a grocery was. She left me near the stairs, by the entrance of the said grocery and went to a nearby booth.
Thinking of my god sister who was in the comfort room, I asked my friend to assist me up. She seems to be busy and couldn't hear me. Fortunately, a girl, who seems younger than me, wearing a pink shirt and jeans, with short hair and headband, offered help. At that time something in me says she's an angel.
As we came up, I saw another friend who was walking at the other side of the corridors, by the stalls. I called to her but she seems to be smiling at someone else, not hearing my call. Unable to get her attention, I went off with the girl who still continued to assist me. We were going for the stairs to go to where my god sister was, but instead I found myself entering yet a smaller grocery with tables and chairs everywhere. Thinking what we were doing there, I decided to just buy a toffee candy as a treat to the girl with me.
As I was paying the candies we bought, an old man, who was sitting nearby smiled to us. I approached the man who seems to be saying something to me. At first I thought that he was kind but as I heard what he said further, I somehow got mad at him and tried to make my point (as if we were debating).
He was asking me about God. He was convincing me there is no God. And I ended up arguing about it.
At first, I seem to be trying to be level headed but in the end, annoyed with this old man, I went closer and said with all my gut spilled in his face: "God is EVERYWHERE..."
He slowly turned to look at me, with his eyes seemingly piercing at me, but I stood with all might, asking for a miracle as I wait for his response. He seemed mad at me for saying those words and his eyes were becoming very scary, but I still stood knowing that I was right.
As he was about to speak I heard a woman's voice came from behind me. "God is everywhere..."
I turned to see who it was and saw a woman, who stood from where she sat, smiling at me. I again looked at the old man, more courageous than ever. Then I heard another voice. It was the man in the counter. "Yes, God is everywhere...". and he was smiling too.
Much stronger than ever I stood more proud for standing my ground as the whole room seem to silence with them watching us. Then I turned to the girl with me who seems to be uncomfortable with what was happening. She seems mad at something and uneasy--she can't seem to look at me.
I smiled at the man by the counter as he looks at me beaming. I thanked him and started for the exit with the girl who was now walking in front of me. But before we could go out, the man at the counter shouted something which made the whole room roar with applause. He said something which made me really touched that I almost cried. Not wanting to cry in front of such a crowd, I then headed for exit. Then and there, I noticed something with my companion as she started out first, her feet where smoking--as if it was on fire, though there was no fire. What happened next was gone as I find myself in my room once more, after my mom woke me up telling me of my uncle's arrival....
Was it a sign for something? A test?
After my uncle had left, I talked to my mother about it. She said it was a trial--a test of my faith. It was then that I understood why the man behind the counter, in my dream, led the applause for me.
The dream makes me want to cry as I thought of it further, moved by the power of faith. Right now, all I know is my faith--Faith in Someone higher than all around us. There are times when things may go uncertain for us but all we can cling to is faith.
Faith in God's promise of better days.....
Faith in God for there is nothing impossible through Him....
May GOD Bless us all....

No comments: